- On board Real time clock (RTC) keeps the time going even when the Arduino is unplugged. Note: The RTC requires a small coin cell battery (not included). The board will still operate without the coin cell battery. Once installed the RTC battery will last for years.
- Adafruit libraries and example code for both SD and RTC mean you can get going quickly
- Prototyping area for soldering connectors, circuitry or sensors
- Works with Arduino UNO, Duemilanove, Diecimila, Leonardo or ADK/Mega R3 or higher. ADK/Mega R2 or lower are not supported.
- Requires soldering of header pins
- Sort by Default Order
This data logging shield is designed for the Arduino platform and is utilized on our main OLHZN flight computers to save sensor and other telemetry data in 1 second increments to an on-board SD card.
Our main flight computer is based around the Arduino Mega platform. It is a very reliable platform and works well for logging telemetry and broadcasting positioning reports via APRS over amateur radio frequencies. When purchasing any Arduino product, be sure the Arduino is genuine and not a fake, replica or counterfeit device. Fake and replica Arduinos are generally not as reliable as they use cheaper parts, particularly when it comes to power regulation. For details on how to check if your Arduino is genuine see this Arduino page.