- Sort by Popularity
Experimental. These circuit boards are used by the OLHZN High Altitude Balloon team for high altitude weather balloon tracking. However, the circuit boards are considered experimental and may suffer from unforeseen errors or undiscovered technical deficiencies. An amateur radio license from the FCC is required to operate these in the United States and many other countries worldwide. Check your local governing body for details. Due to the experimental nature of these circuit boards, returns are not accepted on this product. The bare circuit board is the least expensive option, but you would need to purchase the assembly parts yourself. The source code, parts list and assembly instructions can be found at https://github.com/OverlookHorizon/OLHZN_Track If you want to have all the parts included or have the board pre-assembled for you, you may select those options too, if desired. They are not required, though. You can source the parts and build the entire board yourself for the lowest cost.
We have not used these cameras ourselves, but they appear to be near replicas of the Lightdow LD4000 cameras that we fly onboard our OLHZN flights. They are relatively inexpensive and we would expect them to provide decent video quality. We use our cameras in “Dashcam mode” so that once power is applied to the camera, it automatically starts recording. This allows us to have the camera mounted ahead of time and just turn on the power to launch. We also set the recording to be a fixed 5 minute video file to ensure if something happens to the camera, we still retain most of the footage.
- 1080FHD RECORDING & 170°WIDE-ANGLE: This action camera comes with 170° wide-angle lens, that enables wider and accurate motion capture. You can record stunning video footage in 1080FHD and capture high quality images at 12 megapixels.
- 2 RECHARGERABLE HIGH-CAPACITY BATTERIES: With 2 rechargeable batteries, you can get super long recording time, no more worries about missing any precious moments. Support up to 90 minutes recording time for each battery.
- 98 FEET WATERPROOF: Equipped with the solid waterproof case(there's one coming with the camera), you can record your moment underwater up to 98 feet with this underwater waterproof camera. Ideal for water sports, such as swimming, diving, snorkeling, surfing, fishing.
- WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL: With built-in WiFi, it has never been easier to control the sports camera on your smartphone. Just need to scan the QR code in user manual and download the free app to your smartphone.
These are almost exactly the same camera as the Lightdow LD4000 cameras that we fly onboard our OLHZN flights. They are slightly upgraded and support up to 64 GB SD cards while still being relatively inexpensive and having great quality video. We use the cameras in “Dashcam mode” so that once power is applied to the camera, it automatically starts recording. This allows us to have the camera mounted ahead of time and just turn on the power to launch. We also set the recording to be a fixed 5 minute video file to ensure if something happens to the camera, we still retain most of the footage.
- 12 Megapixels Sensor - SJCAM SJ4000 Allow recording 1080P/30FPS 1920*1080 Full HD videos and 720/60FPS, 720/30FPS, WVGA/30FPS, VGA640*480 videos, shoot 12M crisp photos
- 2.0 LCD Screen Display - Clearly see your operation ,easy setting to replay the footage you are shooting just by your action camera, convenient your operation
- Durable and Waterproof to 30 Meters - The camera is designed to withstand any extreme situation with the waterproof action camera housing,whether your are skiing, diving, snorkeling, climbing or gliding
- Professional Car Mode - The sports action camera work feel your moving and constant recording with motion detection and loop recording function also work as a helmet camera, web camera, capture the word you live
- SJCAM Sj4000 Action Camcorder Supports 64G Micro SD Cards - Share your action with your family on the TV via, no more worry about lack of memory when traveling out
If you don't have an amateur radio license or want to have a backup system, the Spot 3 GPS Tracking System is a great option. It's not quite as good as having an amateur radio tracking system, but it comes in a close second place. The tracking system will generally stop operating above 60,000 FT., but will usually recover during the descent. The best setups will place this GPS tracking device in a gimbal so that no matter which way the payload lands, the GPS tracking unit always points up towards the sky to get the best reception. Note that this GPS tracking system requires an annual membership in addition to the device in order to get reception.
- Motion Activated GPS Tracking Using Satellites
- Extreme Tracking Even Where No Cell Service
- USB Power Input, Longer Battery Life
- Yearly Subscription Purchased Separately
After sealing your balloon with zip ties, use 2" wide electrical tape to cover the sharp edges so it doesn't poke the balloon!
- ✔ STRETCHABLE - Tapix™ Electrical Tapes are made with highly-expansive vinyl which has a great stretch charcateristic, providing long-lasting insulation. Perfect for resolving professional electrical tasks or even minor wire damages at home.
- ✔ MULTI-PURPOSE - It is not only used for repairing electrical issues, it is also great for preventing your pipes from freezing during winter season. Making it a good-quality and economical insulating tape.
- ✔ ALL WEATHER - Our premium quality vinyl electrical tape has an excellent resistance to variety of weather conditions which can cause abrasion, moisture, alkalies, acids and copper corrosion. Making it a great-purchase product.
- ✔ FLAME RETARDANT - Tapix™ Electrical Tapes are designed to be flame retardant which inhibits a delay in spreading fire when the product is exposed to flame. Our products are UL Listed and CSA Approved.
- ✔ Tapix™ Brand is known worldwide with superior product quality and service!
This is a bit of a hack that we've put together on our flights. This product is intended to be used with LiPo batteries to measure the voltage and begin sounding an alarm when the voltage reaches a low voltage threshold that you define. We use it a bit differently. Our flight computer connects power to ONLY pin #2 on this product. When power is supplied to only PIN #2, the audible alarm will begin sounding right away and continue until power is lost. This is what we use as a reliable landing alarm as well as a locator beacon to help us find the payload after landing. It's easy and very reliable. Simply apply power to PIN #2 and you have a long lasting beeping alarm to help you find the payload.
- High Quality & Superb Craftsmanship
- Check the state of lithium battery, make the battery to keep high-efficiency working state.
- Small, Size:1.57*0.91*0.43 Inch, Weight: 10g/1pc; Super loud, Sound intensity:≥110dB, Range:≤50m(Affected by the external environment); Reduce the probability of losing drone.
- Use for 1-8s Lipo/Li-ion/LiMn/Li-Fe.
- When the voltage is below the set value, it will buzzer with red LED light, pre-set value 3.3V. Push key which can change the voltage settings and save.
A perfect buzzer / speaker for Arduino or Raspberry Pi projects to audibly alert you of what's going on with your flight computer.
- Model #: HYD-4218
- Voltage : DC 9-15V;Total Size(Pin Not Included) : 42 x 17mm/1.6" x 0.67"(D*H)
- Cable Length : 11cm/4.3";Materials : Plastic, Metal
- Main Color : Black;Net Weight : 25g
- Package Content : 1 x Active Piezo Electronic Alarm Buzzer
This little guy will measure both pressure and temperature throughout your entire flight. It lacks the ability to read humidity, though, so if you're looking for that too, go with the BME280 instead. This precision sensor is the best low-cost sensing solution for measuring barometric pressure and temperature. Because pressure changes with altitude you can also use it as an altimeter. The sensor is soldered onto a PCB with a 3.3V regulator, I2C level shifter and pull-up resistors on the I2C pins. Using the sensor is easy. If you're using an Arduino, simply connect the VIN pin to the 5V voltage pin, GND to ground, SCL to I2C Clock (Analog 5) and SDA to I2C Data (Analog 4). Download the BMP180 Arduino library and example code for temperature, pressure and altitude calculation. Immediately you'll have precision temperature, pressure and altitude data.
A great little tiny sensor to obtain all the weather data you'll need on a weather balloon flight. This little guy will read temperature, pressure and humidity all on one chip!
- The BME280 is a great new chip which was originally designed for the next generation of smartphones
- With an I2C connection you have access to enough weather data to make some pretty good predictions for your local area
- Warranty: One year warranty.
Perfect for measuring external air temperature, these waterproof temperature sensors operate all the way down to -66F and provide spectacularly accurate results. They can suffer from thermal radiation heating in the upper atmosphere, which doesn't bother us, but you'll need to protect it from direct sunlight to obtain an accurate reading above 80,000 FT. Arduino based systems can use the OneWire library to operate multiple temperature sensors on a common DATA pin together.
- Power supply range: 3.0v to 5.5v
- Output lead:red (VCC), yellow(DATA) , black(GND)
- length:Approx.100 cm
- No other components, unique single bus interface
- Pack of 3pcs
Perfect for extreme cold temperatures, these Lithium batteries (not Lithium-Ion) will provide power to all your electronics in even the most frigid upper atmosphere temperatures. No need to insulate these at all. They are rated down to -40F, but we've operated them all the way down to -70F without any issues. They work great!
- 12-pack of Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries
- Energizer Ultimate Lithium is the #1 Longest-Lasting AA Battery
- Leak-proof construction protects the devices you love (based on standard use)
- Powers your most critical devices—ideal for your smart home devices, outdoor surveillance systems, digital cameras, and handheld games
- Holds power up to 20 years in storage for trustworthy backup energy, so you’re always prepared
- Performs in extreme temperatures, from -40F to 140° F, for year-round, indoor and outdoor use
- See why nothing outlasts Energizer in high-tech devices
These amazing power boosters will take a voltage as low as 1.8V and output a clean 5V power supply. We use these quite frequently. Particularly, we use a single 3.7V 18650 battery and run the power through a power boost and then the 5V power out to our action cameras. Additional pins allow you to programmatically turn on/off the output power and receive low battery signals.
- Synchronous operation means you can disconnect the output completely by connecting the ENable pin to ground. This will completely turn off the output
- 4A internal switch means you can get 1000mA+ from as low as 1.8V, 1500mA+ from 2 NiMH or Alkaline batteries, and at least 2000mA from a 3.7V LiPoly/LiIon battery or 3 NiMH/Alkalines. Just make sure your batteries can actually supply the required 2-4A, OK?
- Low battery indicator LED lights up red when the voltage dips below 3.2V, optimized for the most common usage of LiPo/LiIon battery usage
- On-board 1000mA charge-rate 'Apple/iOS' data resistors. Solder in the included USB connector and you can plug in any iPhone or iPod for a speedy 1000mA charge rate. Works with iPads, both mini and 'classic' type.
- Full breakout for battery in, control pins and power out 90%+ operating efficiency in most cases (see datasheet for efficiency graphs), and low quiescent current: 5mA when enabled and power LED is on, 20uA when disabled (power and low batt LED are off)
These batteries will need to be thermally insulated. They are rated to work down to about -17° C (0° F). They are easily rechargeable and provide a 3.7V power supply. You can use a step-up power booster to power action cameras from a single 3.7V battery. 2 of these batteries will power an Arduino without any power boosting needed.
- Unlike other batteries that will cut off power at 4 Amp, this battery will provide up to 10 Amp load
- Protection: Over-current, Over-charge-Over-discharge-Over-temp. and DUAL short circuit protection.
- 5 yrs storage life battery cell: Panasonic-Made in Japan, Protection -Seiko, ICs made in Japan.
- Dimensions: Diameter (mm): 18.6 mm (+/- 0.03), Length (mm): 68.9 mm (+/- 0.03). Top Button.
These are the cameras we use on OLHZN flights with camera footage. They are inexpensive while still having great quality video. We use the cameras in "Dashcam mode" so that once power is applied to the camera, it automatically starts recording. This allows us to have the camera mounted ahead of time and just turn on the power to launch. We also set the recording to be a fixed 5 minute video file to ensure if something happens to the camera, we still retain most of the footage.
- NOVATEK Original Chip - NT96650 Solution, Better Vision, Better Quality.
- Fast, Powerful Photo Capture: Captures high-quality 12MP photos at speeds of up to 30 fps.
- Support 12 megapixel shooting, Camera up to 1080p at 30 fps. Boasting an immersive 170°wide-angle lens.
- Durable + Waterproof to 98' (30m): Designed to withstand extreme environments and conditions.
- Wearable + Mountable: Enables immersive self-capture during your favorite activities.
- Backed with Lightdow's 1 year hassel free return & replacement warranty for Quality-Related issues.
This GPS breakout board module is utilized on all the OLHZN high altitude weather balloon flights. It will register altitude and positioning reports up to 160,000 FT (48,768 m), but you must be sure to enable "Flight Mode" (Mode 7) via software on startup. The active antenna is a must have if you're utilizing an on-board action camera. The active antenna will ensure that electromagnetic interference from the action camera(s) will not disrupt the GPS signal reception.
- Micro USB port allows you to connect the GPS module to your computer without USB-TTL cables.
- The GPS module also has a ceramic passive antenna so you can utilize the module without the external antenna, if desired.
- The SMA port allows you to conveniently connect the 3m Active Antenna for a much stronger satellite connection.
- The TTL port (header pins) allow you to conveniently connect this module to an external single chip microcomputer.
This data logging shield is designed for the Arduino platform and is utilized on our main OLHZN flight computers to save sensor and other telemetry data in 1 second increments to an on-board SD card.
- On board Real time clock (RTC) keeps the time going even when the Arduino is unplugged. Note: The RTC requires a small coin cell battery (not included). The board will still operate without the coin cell battery. Once installed the RTC battery will last for years.
- Adafruit libraries and example code for both SD and RTC mean you can get going quickly
- Prototyping area for soldering connectors, circuitry or sensors
- Works with Arduino UNO, Duemilanove, Diecimila, Leonardo or ADK/Mega R3 or higher. ADK/Mega R2 or lower are not supported.
- Requires soldering of header pins
Our main flight computer is based around the Arduino Mega platform. It is a very reliable platform and works well for logging telemetry and broadcasting positioning reports via APRS over amateur radio frequencies. When purchasing any Arduino product, be sure the Arduino is genuine and not a fake, replica or counterfeit device. Fake and replica Arduinos are generally not as reliable as they use cheaper parts, particularly when it comes to power regulation. For details on how to check if your Arduino is genuine see this Arduino page.